Which monitor is best for graphic design work? we’ve done extensive research into factors including screen size, resolution, panel type, refresh rate, connectivity, connectivity, cost, color accuracy, and HDR compatibility.
There are also several other factors to consider when choosing a monitor for your needs.
Read on as we guide you through every aspect of graphic design monitor from size to refresh rate so that you’ll know what is essential and how it affects your work.
- Comparison Of Our Tested Monitors For Graphics Designing
- Our Top 3 Picks From the List
- Best Monitors for Graphic Designing in 2022
- 1. BenQ 32 Inch
- 2. AOC AGON Gaming MONITOR
- 3. Acer Predator X34
- 4. Asus Designo Curve
- 5. Dell Ultra-Sharp UP3218K
- 6. BenQ EX3203R
- 7. Liyama GB2730QSU
- SHOPPING TIPS WHEN BUYING A MONITOR FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN – 2022
- TAKE AWAY ON MONITORS FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNING
Comparison Of Our Tested Monitors For Graphics Designing
|Image||Products & Features||Shop At Amazon|
BenQ 32 inch PD3200UBest Overall
AOC AGON CurvedBest Mid Range
Acer Predator Gaming X34
BenQ EX3203RRunner Up
Factors Involve in Decision Making when a Designer Buys a Monitor
A graphic design monitor is a display with specialized features that are designed from the ground up for creative workers. Both digital and print art require extremely high resolutions and color accuracy, which is why these cameras are so crucial.
A 4K or greater resolution means better detail than a 1080p or 1440p screen; they also frequently contain HDR capability for improved color saturation, contrast, and detail than without it.
Here are some of the greatest graphics monitors on the market and how they stack up against each other in features, connectivity, and price range.
Our Top 3 Picks From the List
Best Monitors for Graphic Designing in 2022
1. BenQ 32 Inch
Best 4K Monitor For Designing
- Ideal for Professional Work: 32 Inch 4K UHD IPS computer monitor features CalMan verified and Pantone validated technology for color accuracy.
- Seamless Connectivity: Easily access content via HDMI port, DisplayPort, mDP, and USB hub! Expand your workspace with a built-in KVM switch and HotKey Puck G2.
- Ergonomic Design: Easily customize your workspace to fit what best works for you! Tilt, pivot, swivel, and adjust the height of the monitor for optimal comfort.
- Eye-Care Technology: Our exclusive Eye-Care technology reduces eye fatigue for optimal comfort, productivity and allows you to work for an extended period of time.
- AQCOLOR Technology: Developed by BenQ that reproduces accurate colors on professional monitors. Work with colors you can trust.
The BenQ UHD is a fantastic monitor for graphic designers. It supports the most in-demand color gamuts, including Adobe which will put out true colors on its 32″ 4K panel that really does pop.
The best value you can get with your money today might be an Ultra High Definition display from one of the High-end brands like BenQ. Moreover, it has three different display modes that deliver true blacks instead of the greys, as you would have seen in others.
This BenQ’s UHD monitor is designed specifically for graphic designers. The specifications are well balanced, and it doesn’t skimp on features as other brands do to keep their prices low-cost with little value-added. BenQ’s newest 32-inch display offers all that you need without any extra fluff or frills — just perfect appeal.
It is an ideal Monitor for animators and developers, and web designers as you can tilt it 90 degrees for text-intensive tasks. Lastly, if you’re working in the graphic design industry, either employed or freelance, this is the best monitor for your designing services that you can get at an affordable price.
What’s Best in it
- Crisp and clear ultra HD picture
- High value for money
- IPS panel deliver vibrant graphics
What can be improved
- RGB color gamut is a bit narrow.
2. AOC AGON Gaming MONITOR
Best 4K Curved Screen Monitor
- 35" Agon Professional grade gaming monitor with 1800R curvature for immersive gaming experience
- 3440 x 1440 Ultra wide Quad HD resolution with VA panel (cinematic 21: 9 ratio), 85% NTSC color gamut for high Color accuracy
- Nvidia G-SYNC for smoothest competitive gameplay with 120Hz refresh rate and 4ms GTG response time
- Displayport 1. 2, HDMI 1. 4 inputs, 2 x USB 3. 0 hub w/ 1 fast-charging port
- Low input lag and shadow control allows you to see and react faster
Curved ultra-wide monitors are the first choice of graphic designers and gamers, but there are many choices that can confuse you. But this 35-inch VA (vertical alignment) AOC AGON curvy gaming monitor is out of this world.
The monitor comes with VA panels along with a high resolution of 3,440 x 1,440 resolution with excellent pixel density and optimal balance between image clarity and performance.
Furthermore, this high-resolution screen by AOC features a 21:9 aspect ratio and high frame rates of up to 120Hz, thanks to its overclock feature. Apart from it, you will also get G-Sync and a 35-inch VA panel delivering 3,440 X 1,440 vivacious resolution. Plus, it is much more affordable than the others with the same specs.
The screen promises to provide a solid contrast and delivers vivid colors that meet 100% of the sRGB standard. There’s no HDR or DCI-P3 support here, but if you’re looking for an ultra-wide curved format, then this new Agon should be right up your alley.
If we compared it with earlier models:
The difference between the earlier AOC models and the latest gaming monitor are:
1- The increased refresh rate of 120Hz and an innovative panel part from AU Optronics.
2- We noticed that AG352UCGs’ curve is a bit tighter at 1,800R compared to the previous models.
What’s Best in it
- 4-year warranty.
- Built-in speakers.
- Includes Ergo dial-adjustable stand.
What can be improved
- The tilt option is limited
3. Acer Predator X34
Best Gaming Monitor With G-Sync
- 34" QHD (3440 x 1440) 1900R Curved Widescreen IPS Display
- NVIDIA G SYNC Technology
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Overclocking to 120Hz) Using Display Port
- Ports: 1 x Display Port 1.2, 1 x HDMI 1.4 & 4 USB 3.0 Ports
- Display Port, HDMI & USB Cables included
The Acer Predator X34P is a monitor for Hardcore gamers. It features an ultra-wide 1440p resolution, IPS panel, and quick response time speed to make your games smoother than ever before.
The 120Hz refresh rate offers lag-free gameplay so you can take on the world at full force with ease; while also having low input lag, which will have enemy hordes dropping like flies in no time flat – it really does have all of those things gamers could ask for?
The Acer X34P has a screen curve that’s steeper, at 1900R. It also features the ability to swivel from left to right and is not limited by being placed on only one side. That’s something we missed in the previous gaming monitors by Acers.
Moreover, the Acer Predator X34P delivers the most accurate, consistent colors thanks to its LG AH-IPS panel along with 10bit color depth (8bit + FRC) and 100% sRGB gamut; this product ensures vibrant digital images you can enjoy for decades.
Additionally, its UWQHD resolution of 3440×1440 is more vibrant than ever and provides you with a lot of screen space with precise details without any scaling. The wide 178-degree viewing angles mean you will get the ideal result regardless of where you are looking at the screen.
Overall, it is one of the best Acer monitors for gamers and designers with a faster response time speed (4ms GtG) and removes all trailing of fast-moving objects.
What’s Best in it
- Cool and classy design.
- Features USB hub.
- Gamer-centric settings.
- Features G-Sync anti-tearing technology.
What can be improved
- It comes with only two video inputs.
4. Asus Designo Curve
Best 38-Inch Superwide Monitor
- 37.5” 21: 9 ultra-wide Quad HD (3840 x 1600) Curved monitor with a wide 178° viewing angle featuring 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x HDMI 2.0 and USB Type-C
- Award-winning frameless design and transparent sundial base Pair with hidden, down-firing inputs and a 5-way navigation key to blend elegance and performance
- Stereo 10W Harman Kardon speakers and ASUS SonicMaster technology provide rich, spacious sound while eliminating the need for external speakers
- Embedded wireless 15W Qi charging pad with status-monitoring lighting
- ASUS Eye Care technology with TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter minimizes eye fatigue
With a fast refresh rate, impressive frameless design, and Bluetooth wireless technology, the Asus Designo Curve MX38VC has got you covered. This 37.5-inch low power consumption monitor gives off 178° viewing angles that allow for an easy view from different locations without any issues or distractions like blue light exposure.
Thanks to its higher resolution and award-winning frameless design, the Asus MX38 VC is one of the best business monitors. The QRI wireless charger pad makes an excellent addition for those who want their desktops to look sleek while still working hard at getting things done!
This stunning UWQHD screen offers incredible clarity that won’t leave any detail out – even up close on your computer. It also has flicker-free technology, so everything looks beautiful, whether it’s blue skies outside with fluffy white clouds in between them.
You can take advantage of this curved screen monitor. Its razor-sharp resolution and fast refresh rate are just the beginning, as you can expand upon them by adding speakers or any other device that is capable through its USB C port cable.
The Asus Designo Curve MX38VC is a 37.5-inch monitor that offers an impressive viewing angle, giving you the flexibility to play games or watch TV shows from any location in your home with ease and preventing eye fatigue to lack of darkness.
What’s Best in it
- High-quality IPS panel.
- Extra-wide viewing angle.
- Plenty of connectivity options
What can be improved
- Pixel issues.
5. Dell Ultra-Sharp UP3218K
Best 8K Monitor
The Dell UltraSharp UP3218K is a monitor that people have been waiting for. It’s the only commercially available 8K display, and it comes with an expensive price tag, of course, but when you’re looking at the detail of this good, there isn’t any denying its worth in class alone. Indeed the best 8K monitor for graphic designing.
You won’t find a higher panel grade than this – it has 100% Adobe RGB, sRGB, and Rec.709 coverage with 98PDC/P3! This means that professionals in the creative industries will have no problem getting their colors right when working on projects for clients worldwide who are demanding more accuracy from them now than ever before. This is what makes these panels so great they deliver exceptional color performance without any compromise. A
The screen measures around 32 inches, and it’s more than enough for most of us. And as it is the best Dell gaming monitor, its built quality is extremely robust and has full ergonomic adjustment options. Plus, it comes with a stand and tilt option.
The high brightness of the 31.5-inch IPS LCD panel can display HDR content with 400 cd/m2, but there are some drawbacks, including no Thunderbolt connectivity and only dual Display Ports. A big-screen TV in your home can be a great addition to any living space. With this much real estate available for viewing entertainment options like movies or gaming on Netflix together as family members engage one another while bonding over shared experience – who wouldn’t want that!
What’s Best in it
- Excellent built quality
- Vivacious display
- 8K looks amazing
What can be improved
Recent Article: Parts Needed To Build a PC
6. BenQ EX3203R
Best 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- Level Up the Game: 32 Inch 144Hz VA WQHD (2560x1440) curved edge-to-edge gaming computer monitor features Freesync2 and color optimizer settings.
- USB-C Connectivity: Synchronize images, videos, data and charge all of your mobile devices with an all-in-one cable! Easily access your content via the two HDMI ports.
- HDR Color Technology: Enhances the brightness and contrast to bring out the realistic details during your game.
- Brightness Intelligence (B.I.): Optimizes display performance for work and play to protect your vision while providing a stunning image at the same time.
BenQ EX3203R: A giant-sized monitor for those who like it big! BenQ’s 32-inch curved panel is impressive and has 536 mm x712.69mm dimensions along with 18 pounds of weight, making this not just an attractive but also a functional product that everyone will enjoy using as their desk accessory or room decoration. Plus, it has very thin frames, which reduces its overall weight.
With a 1800R curvature and an exact size of 31.5 inches, this panel provides the viewer with V.A technology, and a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels offer them more contrast than other displays on the market. So you can enjoy streaming and watching movies or playing games without any problems.
The VA panel has a slower response time to avoid annoying ghosting, which is why they’re so great! The characteristics of these panels include spectacular brightness and contrast of 3000:1 with an incredibly short 4ms pixel transition speed. They also have 178º viewing angles in both planes for clear picture quality from any angle.
Wrapping it up:
The company has implemented anti-flicker and blue light reduction technologies to ensure that your eyes stay healthy while staring at a computer screen for hours.
In the end, its base has been designed with superb ergonomics in mind. You can adjust the inclination by + 20 ° -5° and the height by 60mm for optimal comfort when using this monitor as a long session player or professional.
What’s Best in it
- Curved Panel looks awesome.
- 144 refresh rate is great
- Flawless FreeSsync functionality
What can be improved
- HDR capabilities could have been better.
7. Liyama GB2730QSU
Best Monitor With HDMI And FreeSync
- TN LCD TECHNOLOGY – TN LCD is a great all round display technology, providing some of the fastest response times on the market, as well as delivering a vibrant and sharp image.
- WQHD - With true WQHD 2560 x 1440 resolution your monitor is ready to display high definition images. This means you can accommodate more information on your screen, i.e. over 76% more in comparison to a 1920 x 1080 monitor.
- AMD FREESYNC –AMD FreeSync means the monitor has been through a rigorous testing certification process to ensure tear free, low latency experience when gaming. Generating a smooth judder free transition of frames to maximise performance even with lower end graphics cards.
- GAMER CUSTOMIZATION – Get the ultimate performance when gaming by choosing one of the predefined gaming modes (including FPS and strategy) or set and memorize your own custom settings. With the ‘Black Tuner' technology, users can adjust the brightness and the dark shades with the Black Tuner, giving greater viewing performance in shadowed areas and helping to spot the enemy earlier.
- SPEAKERS AND HEADPHONES - Playing with friends? Use the integrated high-quality speakers. Don't want to disturb anybody? Plug your headset into the headphone socket and turn the volume up..3 YEARS ONSITE WARRANTY – Ensuring peace of mind that any faults or failures will be dealt with quickly by iiyama. iiyama will simply swap defective screens within the warranty period directly with the customer, whether you are Home or Office based.
The 27″ G-MASTER GB2730QSU is the perfect gaming monitor for all your display needs. With an impressive 2560×1440 resolution, you’ll be able to see more on-screen than with a standard 1920×1080 Full HD monitor, and its Silver Crow design will make sure that nothing gets missed.
The Silver Crow’s blue light reducer function, along with the flicker-free panel, are designed to guard your eyes, no matter what. Equipped with advanced FreeSync technology and 1ms response time, you can be sure that this monitor will lead you into battle without any hesitation or doubt in its ability to do so. Apart from gamers, it is also the best 27-inch monitor for graphic designers.
Delivering a 2560×1440 WQHD resolution, the SILVER CROW provides more screen space, and you can view even the minor details without skipping any.
A 1 millisecond response time is key to providing gamers with an ultra-smooth game. The SILVER CROW GB2730QSU-B1’s have a fast enough rate for their slowness, so you can take action without any ghosting or blurring ruining your experience.
Furthermore, the SILVER CROW also allows you to switch between two predefined gaming and display modes. These modes change the visual settings and perform your tasks more efficiently. In simple words, see more and do more.
Lastly, it also features high-quality speakers that deliver excellent sound and keep you engaged in the game. Just plug your headsets and immerse yourself in the gaming world.
What’s Best in it
- High resolution of 2560×1440 with WQHD display.
- Features advanced Freesync technology.
- Comes with high-quality built-in speakers.
- Includes predefined modes.
What can be improved
- Too heavy.
SHOPPING TIPS WHEN BUYING A MONITOR FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN – 2022
The following are some crucial things you should pay attention to before finalizing any monitor for designing uses.
- Gray-Scale and Color Accuracy
The monitor is the perfect device for designers because it can display colors with as much precision. The monitors need to be accurate to ensure that they match what’s being seen on screen, so this also means color consistency across all displays of an individual design will help bring out your best work.
Some of the best monitors for designing works come with in-built blue light filters. The best type is a fluorescent or LED panel that blocks out harsh rays, which are more painful on your eyes than any other color you might be exposed to.
It is advisable to look for the screen with this technology, or at least it should have the AH-IPS panel. A good monitor should cover well over 99 percent of the Adobe RGB color area, and it’s best if there is a 10-, 12- or 14-bit lookup table (LUT) to perform regular calibrations without any problem.
A monitor with an efficient IPS panel can show various colors and shades of dark and light gray to determine the shadow level and highlight what you will see on your screen. Another benefit of having the IPS panel is that you will get wide viewing angles with great color luminosity and fidelity.
- Display Size
For some graphic designers, screen size is not a factor. However, it does matter for high-resolution image files containing great detail and the ability to render at minimal resolutions.
However, you need to know that bigger is not always better. In simple words, never sacrifice the screen’s resolution or performance for a bigger screen. If you want to play games or watch movies, opt for a standard-size monitor.
The monitor’s panel determines how good your monitor is. You will come across various types of screen panels in the market; some of the common ones are:
Twisted Nematic (TN panels) – There are many different types of solar panels, and the TN panel is one that many people like because it has a faster response time than most other types. However, the colors and viewing angles aren’t great on this particular type, so designers need to keep those drawbacks before making their decisions quickly.
Vertical Alignment or VA panels – VA panels are not that common, and it is a mid-range option. VA panels are a bit more expensive than TN panels. Performance-wise, they don’t provide high returns for the money, and they will be much more expensive in the long run.
In-Plane Switching – These are the best panels for all uses. However, they are more expensive than the others, but the performance is excellent. With In-Plane Switching, you will get wide viewing angles and accurate color rendition.
Super IPS panels – The primary goal of these panels is to deliver a faster response time along with an enhanced color rendition. Most designers and gamers opt for these panels because of their affordable price with advanced specifications.
- Screen Resolution
The resolution of your monitor is an essential factor in graphic design. High-resolution graphics will look sharper than lower-quality versions, so it’s worth spending the extra money on higher pixel density screens if you care deeply about how well everything looks before publishing anything online or printing pictures professionally.
A high-definition (HD) screen has over 2 million pixels per inch, while Full HD offers around 1 Million PPI; therefore, using them would provide better clarity when working with designs since they can be more detailed overall.
Moreover, High-Definition or UHD monitors deliver the highest possible screen resolutions, around 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. You will also come across the Wide-Quad HD or WQHD, providing a resolution of 2,560 x 2,160 pixels, or 2,560 x 1,440 pixels.
The best graphic design monitor is one that will allow you to get the most out of your time. It’s essential for this reason, so go with an ergonomic stand and adjustable height-they’re great features. The ergonomic stand lets you modify or adjust the monitor’s height and rotate the panel for the best viewing angles. Via a stand, you can also tilt or move the screen for up to 90 degrees.
- I/O Connections
Your graphics monitor is the face of your computer, so it needs to be perfect. This means that you want at least one DP port for connecting multiple displays (or HDMI), but if possible, DisplayPort 1.2 or Dual-link DVI will also work well.
TAKE AWAY ON MONITORS FOR GRAPHIC DESIGNING
When deciding on the best monitor for graphic design, you need to think about your needs. If accuracy and color coverage are of paramount importance, then you will have to spend more money. However, if those features aren’t as important, don’t buy a monitor that costs more than you can afford.
Instead, look for the one with adequate specs or capabilities that fits within your price range. We hope this list helps! Review our best graphics designing monitors and find out which one suits your needs best!
Frequently Asked Question People Ask about Graphic Designer’s Monitors
Which monitor is best for graphic design?
● Samsung U-E590D
● Apple Pro Display XDR
● LG 27UL850
● Dell UltraSharp U2720Q
● BenQ PD3200U
● ASUS ProArt PA278QV
● ViewSonic VP2768
● Acer Predator X34
Can a gaming monitor be used for graphic design?
As long as a monitor has a reasonable screen size, resolution, and refresh rate, it can be used for both gaming and graphic creation. The ROG Strix XG438Q has a DCI-P3 colour gamut of 90%, enabling it to produce images with strong contrast and vivid colors.
Is a curved monitor good for designers?
Curved monitors provide numerous advantages over flat monitors. Curved WQHD 2560×1440 monitors, for example, offer a more lifelike viewing experience than flat monitors. Curved screens are regarded as perfect for a graphic designer’s workstation, despite their high cost.
Why do graphic designers need high refresh rate monitors?
A faster refresh rate may not be necessary for graphic design and photo editing, but it can enhance the overall experience. Windows and graphics will appear more fluid, which can be more comfortable for your eyes.
Is 144hz good for graphic design?
High refresh rates (144 Hz or 240 Hz) and fast response times are built into modern displays (4 ms). A twisted nematic (TN) panel type is nearly commonly used in gaming monitors, which is ideal for speed but has a limited color accuracy and viewing angle.